Learn more about the the College’s achievements and developments in this annual publication. The LASALLE Year In Review is distributed to key stakeholders at government and institutional level, as well as the media, alumni and prospective students.
2017/18 At a Glance
The College achieved new heights of distinction in the academic year 2017/18:
- Student enrolment numbers and satisfaction levels reached all-time highs. Graduate Employment rate also spiked.
- Alumnus Zai Kuning represented Singapore at the Venice Biennale 2017; while alumni, Yarra Ileto and Kray Chen, won the Young Artist Awards.
- From the publication of a first novel to a Golden Point Award-winning short story, the first cohort of MA Creative Writing students graduated with fabulous flair.
- High-profile partnership with Singapore Airlines, where the new Digital Innovation Lab was designed by students from the School of Spatial and Product Design.
- Major project collaborations with the world’s top art schools: School of the Art Institute of Chicago and the Royal College of Art in London; and an MOU was signed with Parsons The New School of Design (New York).
- Mesmerising public lectures by performance poet Murray Lachlan Young and interactive art pioneer Matt Adams from Blast Theory.
- Renowned Irish artist Jesse Jones, an artist in residence for three months, created a specially adapted presentation of her Venice Biennale work, Tremble Tremble, for LASALLE's Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore.