Technical Officers provide technical support for teaching and learning primarily by inducting and guiding students and other approved users within/across Faculties, Schools and programmes in the appropriate and safe use of equipment, materials and facilities. They are required to develop and update, in consultation with the relevant Heads of School, Programme Leaders and the Facilities team, the SOPs on the appropriate and safe use of equipment, materials and facilities to support teaching and learning.
Reporting to the Head, McNally School of Fine Arts, you will be predominantly responsible for providing technical support and assistance to teaching staff and students at LASALLE’s Winstedt Campus. You will also maintain and manage the laboratory spaces and the purchase of equipment and materials.
In addition to the above, your duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interact positively with students to support the learning experience.
- Be the custodian of machinery and equipment in the workshop/studio as assigned to ensure maintenance and inventory listings are updated.
- Ensure maintenance and good housekeeping of workshop/studio and optimal use of space and resources.
- Oversee the workshop/studio to ensure the use and storage of equipment/facilities/ materials by students and teaching staff meet health and safety standards.
- Provide technical and operational support for the College/Faculty’s events and exhibitions, as and when required, both within and outside of campus.
- Stagger work hours as and when required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with two years and above of relevant experience, ideally gained in an educational environment or a fine arts setting.
- Possess a valid occupational first aid certificate.
- Good knowledge of the Workplace Safety and Health Act and other work-related regulations or legislations.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures on procurement and budgeting.
- Good interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to embrace a student-centric service culture, with a responsive attitude and a willingness to exercise initiative.
- Good organisation, administration and multitasking skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and vibrant environment.
- Ability to perform basic repair and maintenance of equipment under his/her responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 15 February 2024 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.