Reporting to the Director (Division of Information & Communications Technology) and the Senior Manager (ICT Operations), you will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
You will identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the College and maintain cloud infrastructures, as well as ensure efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with best practices in cloud security and the College’s security policies. You will also provide support for technology related to cloud in the areas of directory services, server and storage virtualisation, backup and restoration of critical services, maintenance of cloud virtual machines, network devices and IT security according to the ICT policy to achieve stability in the College's day-to-day processes and activities.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing cloud systems.
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues related to cloud.
- Regularly reviewing existing cloud systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with end users, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on business needs.
- Administer the Windows and Linux servers in Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage migration and commissioning of Windows and Linux servers in Google Cloud Platform
- Manage IT security policies for servers, firewall and Trend Micro Workspace security hosted in Google Cloud Platform.
- Review cyber risks related to cloud and develop controls to mitigate or transfer risk. Carry out continuous monitoring to detect new threats and develop immediate responses to prevent a data breach.
- Monitor events related to access cloud management, provide first-line support and coordination in the resolution of those events where appropriate.
- Act as a further escalation point for the service desk on cloud related issues.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or equivalent from an established university.
- Minimum three years and above of relevant experience, preferably with experience in supervising outsourced ICT services and hands-on experience in troubleshooting for end-user computing systems.
- Diploma holders with eight years and above of relevant experience may apply.
- Familiar with directory service in the cloud such as Active Directory and Google workspace.
- Working knowledge of cloud network connectivity for system rollout and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies and services in areas such as VMware Horizon, Palo Alto firewall, Trend Micro Workspace security, Citrix ADC, Google Workspace Suite, Azure.
- Strong written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 October 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.