Design is a key cultural and social engine to propel the future of economies and engage with emerging communities in societies. LASALLE’s Faculty of Design is a leader in design education in Southeast Asia, teaching a curriculum focused on the needs of tomorrow. The Faculty trains highly skilled graduates as creative disruptors, out-of-the-box thinking practitioners and enterprising designers for a new world. The School of Design Communication within the Faculty of Design seeks to appoint a dynamic and highly creative Programme Leader for its BA (Hons) Design Communication programme.
Reporting to the Head of School, you will provide academic and managerial leadership for the programme. Your key responsibilities include overseeing the curriculum and its continuous enhancement and the planning and coordination of classes, students’ projects and exhibitions. You will work with a team of lecturers to inspire students and produce highly skilled and employable graduates. You will be encouraged to continuously explore innovative ways of teaching through various modes including blended learning. You will also manage the programme eﬃciently working with the Head of School within the allotted resources and budget, which include the selection and management of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists. You will support the Head of School to identify regional academic and design projects and opportunities for students to engage with their peers. You will also be required to build strong industry partnerships.
As Programme Leader, you will be required to undertake some teaching in the programme to set the tone and inspire young minds. You may be deployed to teach into other programmes within the Faculty or across the College, where appropriate interest is identiﬁed. You will work with other programme leaders across the College to foster a culture of collaboration. We encourage applications from individuals looking to join a dynamic organisation seeking new adventures in art and design education and further the ﬁeld of design communications.
- PhD or equivalent in the ﬁeld of design communication, experience design and or design+ technology.
- At least 10 years of tertiary level teaching with at least seven years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Excellent track record of research and/or practice.
- Ability to work within a multicultural context and in diverse/interdisciplinary settings
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate at all levels.
- Ability to mentor staff and students.
- An awareness of the design industry in Singapore or Asia, is desirable.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 2 January 2024 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.