The School of Design Communication resides in the Faculty of Design and the School offers Diploma and BA(Hons) programmes in Design Communication and Masters of Arts in Design.
The BA(Hons) Design Communication programme is seeking Part-time Lecturers to plan and deliver teaching in the assigned modules, specifically in foundation level in Creative Coding relevant to Visual Communication, Interaction Design and Computational Design. You will work with the team to conduct Computation In Design workshops and classes as well as supervise and support student projects technically, aesthetically and conceptually.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on the qualifications and experience.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field from an established university.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent teaching experience in Creative Coding with software, hardware and networked applications may apply.
- Experience with open source tools and platforms.
- A strong aesthetic & practical understanding of technology, computation and design.
- Experience in Creative Coding, Interaction Design, Computational Design or Generative Design.
- Introductory knowledge of theories related to Computational Design within Visual Communication.
- Practical experience to implement and conduct projects related to Creative Coding and Computational in Design.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging trends in Design and Computation.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of the team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching & learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, at least 2 references addressing your professional or teaching qualifications and any relevant supporting materials, by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 3 December 2021 or until position is filled.