Design is a key cultural and social engine to propel the future of economies and engage with emerging communities in societies. The Faculty of Design at LASALLE, a leader in design education in Southeast Asia, propositions a curriculum focused on the needs of tomorrow. The Faculty trains highly skilled (digital, aesthetic, technical) graduates as creative disruptors, out-of-the-box thinking practitioners and enterprising designers for a new world.
The School of Design Communication which resides in the Faculty of Design seeks Part-time Lecturers to plan and deliver teaching in the assigned modules, specifically in foundation level in creative coding relevant to visual communication, interaction design and computational design. You will work with the team to conduct computation in design workshops and classes as well as supervise and support student projects technically, aesthetically and conceptually.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on the qualifications and experience.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field from an established university.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent teaching experience in creative coding with software, hardware and networked applications may apply.
- Experience with open source tools and platforms.
- A strong aesthetic & practical understanding of technology, computation and design.
- Experience in creative coding, interaction design, computational design or generative design.
- Introductory knowledge of theories related to computational design within visual communication.
- Practical experience to implement and conduct projects related to creative coding and computational in design.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging trends in design and computation.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of the team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching & learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 July 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.