Part-time Lecturers: BA(Hons) Film with specialisation in Production Design
The Puttnam School of Film & Animation in the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries seeks Part-Time Lecturers to teach into the BA(Hons) Film programme.
Reporting to the Programme Leader, you will be teaching production design to Level 1 students in the BA(Hons) Film programme, covering basic production design principles for film, as well as practical film set design and building. You will also consult with students regarding production design related matters on their portfolio, as well as group films, which are mandatory components on the programme that all students must undertake. A comprehensive knowledge of health and safety protocols and practice is essential.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on the qualifications and experience.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent experience in production design for film and/or TV.
- Experience in and the ability to effectively teach Vectorworks for set design, physical set design and installation, as well as virtual production using Epic Games Unreal Engine; and thorough knowledge of health and safety protocols governing set installation, the use of power tools and workshop etiquette.
- Teaching experience in higher education with the ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes and provide student mentoring.
- Ability to work well as a member of the team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching and learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 March 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.