Lecturer (Interior Design)
Design is a key cultural and social engine to propel the future of economies and engage with emerging communities in societies. The Faculty of Design at LASALLE, a leader in design education in Southeast Asia, propositions a curriculum focused on the needs of tomorrow. The Faculty trains highly skilled (digital, aesthetic, technical) graduates as creative disruptors, out-of-the-box thinking practitioners and enterprising designers for a new world.
The School of Spatial and Product Design which resides within the Faculty of Design seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer to teach into the BA(Hons) Interior Design programme.
Reporting to the Head, School of Spatial & Product Design and the Programme Leader, your key responsibilities include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive-based content to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with the teams within/across programmes and Faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans as well as ensure that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme, work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects, students’ placements, research collaboration and other cross-faculty initiatives. In particular, you will support the Programme Leader to deliver teaching and achieve student learning outcomes. You will promote the use of a range of methods and techniques in teaching, learning and assessment, as well as engage in the evaluation and development of modules for which you have responsibility, in terms of content, delivery and assessment especially in the area of consumer appliances. You will also implement research/professional practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students.
The ideal candidate for this position should be dynamic, multiskilled and forward-thinking, and be primarily engaged in teaching across the three levels of the degree programme. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established professional and/or research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, MA in related field (Ph.D. preferred), or equivalent in a related design discipline.
- At least 5 years or more of postgraduate teaching experience at tertiary level in interior design, and at least 4 years of full-time industry experience and professional practice relevant to interior design.
- Good working knowledge of arts education at tertiary level including curriculum development, design, teaching, learning methodologies, and assessment of learning outcomes.
- A passion for teaching with the ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team working skills as well as academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, preferably with a personal research profile.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 March 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.