Design is a key cultural and social engine to propel the future of economies and engage with emerging communities in societies. The Faculty of Design at LASALLE, a leader in design education in Southeast Asia, propositions a curriculum focused on the needs of tomorrow. The Faculty trains highly skilled (digital, aesthetic, technical) graduates as creative disruptors, out-of-the-box thinking practitioners and enterprising designers for a new world.
The School of Fashion which resides within the Faculty of Design seeks to appoint a Lecturer to teach in the Diploma programme.
Reporting to the Dean, Head of School of Fashion and the Programme Leaders, your key
responsibilities as Lecturer include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of
specialised skills and cognitive based contents to ensure the students’ learning
objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with teams within the programme and
faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the
programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic
administration and organisation, conduct assessments and marking, student mentoring
and recruitment. You will also implement research practices to extend knowledge of an
appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students. We
particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established
research profile. You will also contribute to the academic development of the
programme where establishing an interdisciplinary curriculum is crucial; work as a
member of the programme team to support the overall administration of the
programme and be involved in specific programme activities, projects, exhibitions and
other cross faculty initiatives. You will be expected to maintain an active and relevant
- Postgraduate qualification, MA in related field (Ph.D. preferred), or equivalent in a relevant design discipline.
- At least 5 years or more of postgraduate tertiary-level teaching experience in fashion, and at least 4 years of full-time industry experience and relevant professional practice in the fields of communication and media with focus on business for fashion, digital marketing, art direction and social media.
- Possess good knowledge of cultural and contextual studies and regular research practices in higher education specifically in fashion related areas.
- Good understanding of current educational and creative industry topics and issues.
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 March 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.