The School of Fashion, residing within the Faculty of Design, seeks to appoint a Lecturer to teach both the Diploma and Degree programmes. The School of Fashion offers a Diploma in Fashion programme and two distinct Fashion Degree programmes in BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Textiles and BA (Hons) Fashion Media and Industries.
Reporting to the Dean, Head of School of Fashion and the Programme Leaders, your key responsibilities as Lecturer include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised skills and cognitive based contents to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with teams within the programme and faculty to enhance the strategic and organisational plans and ensure that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordinating academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also implement research practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established research profile. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme where establishing an interdisciplinary curriculum is crucial as well as work as a member of the programme team to support the overall administration of the programme and be involved in specific programme activities, projects, exhibitions and other cross faculty initiatives. You will be expected to maintain an active and relevant research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at MA, PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Preferably at least 5 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 3 years of full-time of relevant professional practice.
- Relevant professional experience in the fields of Fashion Art Direction, Image Making and Product, and preferably has experience in Styling and Fashion Writing.
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in teaching and student learning.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
- Possess good knowledge of cultural and contextual studies and regular research practices in higher education specifically in fashion related areas.
- Good understanding of current educational and creative industry topics and issues.
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position you are applying, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (stating clearly the position applied in the envelope) to:
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 10 September 2019 OR until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.