The School of Design Communication, residing within the Faculty of Design, seeks to appoint a Lecturer for the Design Communication programmes. Reporting to the Head of School of Design Communication and Programme Leader, you will teach the Diploma and Degree programmes with a broad focus in the various disciplines within Design Communication.
As Lecturer, your key responsibilities include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive based contents to ensure students' learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with teams within/across programmes and Faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects/exhibitions and other cross faculty initiatives.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 3 years of full-time of relevant professional practice
- Substantive professional practice in the areas of Graphic Design, Design for Interaction, Advertising or Brand Communication, Digital Media or related fields
- Substantive knowledge of cultural and contextual studies and adequate involvement in relevant design practice and/or have established research projects and publications
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in teaching and student learning
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position you are applying, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org before closing date 30 June 2019 or in writing (stating clearly the position applied on the envelope) to:
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.