Singapore has seen tremendous growth in the development and promotion of the arts in the last decade. With the development of arts infrastructure such as performing arts centres, museums and galleries, formation of arts agencies and presentation of major international art fairs, festivals, concerts and musicals, this has resulted in a growing demand for arts managers specialised in arts law, marketing and management of artists, events and venues.
The BA (Hons) Arts Management programme at LASALLE focuses on contemporary and emerging issues, problems and policy interventions impacting arts and cultural industries and shaping arts markets. It aims to develop leadership, business, communication and managerial skills to nurture the next generation of cultural thought leaders and professional decision-makers in arts and cultural industries in Singapore, regionally and internationally.
Reporting to the Programme Leader, BA (Hons) Arts Management and the Head, School of Creative Industries, you will teach into the programme and your key responsibilities as lecturer include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised skills and cognitive based contents to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with teams within the programme and faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also implement research practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students. We encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established research profile.
You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme where establishing an interdisciplinary curriculum is crucial and work as a member of the programme team to support the overall administration and be involved in specific programme activities, collaborative research, external grant making, projects, seminars and other cross faculty initiatives. You will also be expected to maintain an active and relevant research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, PhD in the field of arts management or in a relevant field (cultural studies, digital humanities, media and culture).
- At least five years of tertiary level teaching and at least four years or the equivalent of full-time industry experience and relevant professional practice in the fields of arts management, preferably in the Singapore arts scene.
- Experience in working in the arts management field locally and/or internationally focusing on digital preservation, digital creation/production/ exhibitions, digital promotion, new media communications and/or online engagements.
- Academic knowledge in digital arts and cultures, digital creative industries and economics, digital audiences and digital communications, digital and data ethics.
- Strong knowledge and experiential understanding of current and emerging trends in creative/digital industries, specifically in creative content production including but not limited to AI, VR, AR, mixed realities and digital and hybrid realities apps, gaming, digital storytelling and data visualisation.
- Technical proficiency in digital/creative content management, including design, digital production, preservation, exhibition or promotion. Basic graphic/web design and/or video editing skills are desirable.
- A strong record in research with an established publication profile.
- A capacity and experience to attract research grants and consultancies.
- Good understanding of current educational and creative industry topics and issues.
- A passion for teaching with the ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 October 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.