LASALLE’s Puttnam School of Film and Animation seeks to appoint an experienced, energetic, animation-educators as Lecturer at this pivotal moment in the College’s transition to university status. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to developing a new strategic vision for the School, which offers a range of production programmes unique within Singapore and the immediate region.
Reporting to the Head of School and Programme Leader, the successful candidate will teach predominantly into the Diploma and BA(Hons) animation programmes. You may also be deployed to teach across programmes in the School as appropriate. Your key responsibilities will include academic preparation, teaching and delivering specialised knowledge/skills in 3D computer animation and cognitive-based content to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with the teams within/across programmes and Faculty to enhance Faculty/School plans to ensure that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordinating of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme as part of a team, and be involved in specific programme activities/projects and other cross-faculty initiatives. In particular, you will support the Programme Leader to deliver student learning outcomes. You will also implement research/professional practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area to benefit the programme and the students. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established professional and/or research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD or MA level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline with substantial professional experience.
- At least six years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and ability to teach within a multicultural context, and an awareness of the animation industry in Singapore.
- At least six years of full-time relevant professional experience/practice with strong specialist knowledge of 3D computer animation, preferably using Autodesk Maya.
- Knowledge of virtual production techniques using real-time rendering, and/or the animation programme Blender is an advantage.
- A passion for teaching with the ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Excellent communication, organizational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 30 November 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.