The Learning Centre at LASALLE provides academic support to students and staff in the College.
Reporting to and assisting the Dean of Learning, Teaching and Research, the Head of The Learning Centre will be primarily responsible for providing leadership in conceptualising and realising innovative pedagogical and curricular practices and learning environments that support and enhance LASALLE's unique practice-led pedagogy in alignment with LASALLE’s Strategic Plan and the overall strategic direction of Learning, Teaching and Research.
You will be required to work closely with the Dean of Learning, Teaching and Research in engaging with the wider academic community to develop and lead strategic initiatives that advance the College’s learning and teaching environment and promote diverse and high-quality learning materials for an increasingly heterogeneous group of staff and student body.
You will also oversee the development, realisation and continuous growth of The Learning Centre. This includes working with the Faculties and the Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development to provide upskilling opportunities for academic staff in pedagogical and curricular practices, as well as providing support to students with special educational needs.
Other key responsibilities include providing training and support to staff in the use of a range of educational technologies, including generative AI tools, and managing the resources effectively, as well as establishing a local and international professional network to raise awareness of the College within the pedagogical and curriculum development communities.
You are expected to be an active scholar in the field of arts higher education and possesses the ability to lead and inspire faculty staff members with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Postgraduate qualification at PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline with substantial experience in driving pedagogical and curricular initiatives, fostering collaboration and managing teams in tertiary arts education with a focus on ensuring high quality services and support for students and staff.
- Teacher Training qualification and/or post-graduate qualification in Special Educational Needs is an advantage.
- At least 13 years and above or equivalent with a focus on developing and delivering effective learning and teaching strategies and eight years or equivalent experience in an academic leadership role with experience in supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Experience in designing on-site/hybrid/online learning environments, leveraging technology and other innovative teaching methods.
- Experience in providing support to students with specific learning needs, disabilities or challenges.
- Experience in conducting research in relevant areas of practice-based arts education, leading to publications, presentations, and other scholarly contributions.
- Experience in managing budgets, resources, and other operational aspects of an academic unit.
- Strong understanding of student-centred approaches to teaching and learning, with a focus on inclusive and equitable practices for diverse student populations.
- Familiarity with conceptual frameworks for the integration of generative AI as a creative tool in the curriculum.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate ideas, build relationships and engage effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using learning management systems and other educational technologies to deliver, manage and assess hybrid/online learning environments.
- Literacy in digital technologies, including generative AI tools, and relevant software and tools for art and design education.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 30 November 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.