920 graduates from LASALLE were surveyed from 5 November 2020 to 28 February 2021 and the overall response rate was 74%.
GES 2020 RESULTS
|LASALLE||Overall Employment Rate||FTP Employment Rate||Proportion of graduates in the labour force who are freelancing||Median Gross Monthly Salary of FTP employed|
|Visual and Applied Arts||79.9%||25.0%||18.3%||$2,600|
|Visual and Applied Arts||77.8%||21.4%||21.4%||$2,100*|
Source: Graduate Employment Survey jointly conducted by LASALLE and NAFA.
* based on fewer than 30 economically active/ FTP employed graduates
^ based on fewer than 10 FTP employed graduates
GES 2018 – 2020 TOPLINE EMPLOYMENT RESULTS
|Proportion of graduates in the labour force who are employed||80.5%||84.7%||80.3%||73.4%||69.9%||78.1%|
|Full-Time Permanent Employment||39.7%||40.9%||23.9%||27.3%||25.7%||22.5%|
Source: Graduate Employment Survey 2018 – 2020
- The employment rates refer to the number of graduates employed as a proportion of graduates in the labour force (i.e. those who were working or not working but actively looking and available for work) as at 1st Nov 2020 (i.e. approximately six months after completing their final examinations).
- Overall employment includes all types of full-time, part-time, temporary and freelance employment.
- Full-time permanent employment refers to employment of at least 35 hours a week and where the employment is not temporary. It includes those on contracts of one year or more.
- Gross monthly salary pertains only to full-time permanently employed graduates. It comprises the basic salary, overtime payments, commissions, fixed allowances and other regular cash payments, before deductions of the employee’s CPF contributions and personal income tax. Employer’s CPF contributions, bonuses, stock options, lump sum payments, and payments-in-kind are excluded.
Full list of LASALLE diploma and degree courses surveyed available for download here.