The Veda Mekani Scholarship for Performing Arts is designed to encourage excellence and to nurture creative talents to be professional performers for the world stage through LASALLE’s Acting and Musical Theatre degrees.
- All nationalities.
- Current BA(Hons) students from the Musical Theatre or Acting programme progressing to the next level of their studies in August 2022.
- Minimum grade average of 70 in your June 2022 results in order to be shortlisted.
- Non-recipients of any other scholarships/bursaries/financial aid awarded by other organisations (except Higher Education Community Bursary or Higher Education Bursary).
- Preference for students who are interested in using performance as a means for social change or making a difference in people’s lives. (Applicants are required to submit a typed 500-word personal statement.)
- Good academic records and portfolio/audition/interviews and/or other criteria as may be laid down from time to time.
- Excellent studentship.
- Outstanding performance, track record and/or relevant experience in your chosen field.
- Demonstrate engagement in chosen discipline with activities outside of coursework, such as participation and/or achievements in performances.
- High level of maturity.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Value and Tenure
Up to a maximum of S$10,000 for one academic year.
Application is open from 1 – 20 Jun 2022 for current students.
Please submit your application via this online form.
Successful applicants will be notified via email by the end of July 2022.
For further enquiries, please contact us at [email protected] or 6496 5119.
Please note that late or incomplete submissions will not be processed. Submission of an application does not guarantee any award of scholarship.
LASALLE College of the Arts collects data on information given in bursary and scholarship applications. By submitting your personal data, you will be deemed to have consented to LASALLE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for communication, administration/academic purposes, research and statistical reporting (whether by LASALLE or a third party and whether initiated by LASALLE or any relevant government authority).
All information is correct at time of publication and is subject to changes.