Frequently Asked Questions
In late 1998, the Singapore government announced plans to upgrade LASALLE to play a central role in the development of creative and artistic manpower in Singapore. The upgrading plans included granting LASALLE with financial support from the Ministry of Education. Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents are eligible for subsidised fees for BA(Hons) programmes under the Ministry of Education’s Tuition Grant Scheme.
There is only one intake per year, starting in August.
Admissions typically open in October for the following August intake. Click here for more information about the application procedures and deadline.
Yes, MOE supports LASALLE’s partnership with Goldsmiths by providing funding to all its BA(Hons) programmes. Over the years, MOE has been sending scholarship students to Goldsmiths.
Yes, Goldsmiths is an internationally renowned educational institution with acknowledged strength in contemporary arts research. It is one of the top art colleges in the UK and well respected internationally.
The following departments in Goldsmiths were ranked in the top 20 nationally:
- Sociology (ranked 1st, equal with Essex, Manchester and York)
- Communication, Cultural and Media Studies (ranked 4th, equal with London School of Economics)
- Anthropology (ranked 8th, equal with Oxford, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Queen’s University Belfast)
- Art and Design (ranked 14th, equal with Birmingham City and Dundee)
- Music (ranked 14th, equal with Bristol, City, Huddersfield, Royal Academy of Music and Glasgow)
- Drama, Dance and Performing Arts (ranked 15th, equal with Birmingham, Roehampton and Aberystwyth)
- History of Art (ranked 17th, equal with Cambridge, School of Oriental and African Studies and Aberdeen)
If you are a Degree graduate, you will be awarded a Goldsmiths Degree (BA/MA).
There is no direct transfer arrangement with other universities. If you wish to transfer to another university, you need to apply to the desired university and meet their admission requirements.
Yes, you may do so, subject to prevailing admission requirements of Goldsmiths.
At the end of your three-year study, you will be awarded a BA(Hons) degree.
You may receive advanced standing or Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) if the qualification you have is recognised by LASALLE. In some instances, students have enrolled directly into the second year of the Diploma/BA(Hons) programme.
We have provisions for special entry for which each application is considered on a case-by-case basis. Considerations include the standard of your portfolio, references and relevant work experience.
LASALLE reserves the right to cancel any class for pedagogical reasons if it does not meet the minimum class size. LASALLE is unable to accept liability for the cancellation of proposed programmes of study prior to their scheduled start.