Programme Leader, Diploma in Creative Direction For Fashion
- MA (Design), The Open University, UK
- BA (Multimedia Studies), Central Queensland University, Australia
Ginette Chittick’s personal interest in the correlation between visuals, music, and fashion prompted her to pursue an MA in Design, exploring the intertextuality of these art forms while working full-time as a lecturer at LASALLE’s Faculty of Design.
Before embarking on a fulfilling academic career, Ginette worked as a web consultant on projects for a vast range of high-profile clients which included Coca-Cola, HSBC, Citibank, PricewaterhouseCoopers Management Consultants, The Substation, Discovery Channel, IDA Singapore, Aon Asia and Aware Singapore.
Ginette co-owns cult fashion label FrüFrü & Tigerlily, which represented Singapore in the 2008 Malaysian International Fashion Week and was nominated for Juice’s Best Local Fashion Label in 2007.
Ginette brings her rich experience in music (as a professional deejay), graphic design and fashion into creating a dynamic interdisciplinary learning environment. She successfully rewrote and led LASALLE’s Fashion Communication Programme through international validation. Under her leadership, the programme was put on the map, produced an exciting curriculum that involved the best industry practitioners as part-time lecturers and debuted award-winning students. She is also integral in the successful validation of the new Diploma in Fashion, of which she is the Programme Leader.
Ginette was also nominated for Women’s Weekly’s Women of Our Times Fashion and Style Category in 2008 for her achievements in fashion and music. She has been featured extensively in media for her interdisciplinary approach to art and life.
- Music column, MTV Alert (online).
- CalendarProject.com (May 4th installment).
- Redvolution Anchor.
- Beer rebranding launch (video wall for local band Force Vomit).
- Web Design Index Volume 3.
- Zouk Book.
- Greendonkey webzine, collaborative work between FrüFrü & Tigerlily and SBTG.
- Best Dressed List, Her World (2009).
- Band of the Year, Astreal, Juice (2008).
- Best Band of 2007, Astreal, Juice (2007).
- Nominated in the Music category, Annual Street Style Awards (2007).
- Nominated in the Fashion and Design category of the Great Women of Our Times Award, Women’s Weekly Magazine (October 2006).
- Nominated in the Fashion category, FruFru & Tigerlily, Annual Street Style Awards (2005).
- Best Dressed List, Harper’s Bazaar (2004).
- Young Person of the Year, AWARE (2001).
Research and Practice
Exhibitions and Screenings
- Singled Out Art Show; Singapore (September 2014).
- Mixed media works, Cats of the World Exhibition (July 2014).
- Part of the design collective FruFru & Tigerlily, Cities and Their Thesis art show, LASALLE College of the Arts ICA 1 & 2; Singapore (February 2014).
- 100 Friends Art Show; TCC, Singapore (2012).
- Part of the prestigious 20/20 design exhibition, as part of the design collective FrüFrü & Tigerlily (November 2007).
- In Flught, The Substation; Singapore (December 2003)
- Holga Photography exhibition, Song+Kelly, Forum Galleria; Singapore.
- H&M’s Fashion Against Aids exhibition, as part of the design collective FruFru & Tigerlily.
- Judge, Corelle – Plate Your Design Asia design competition (2012).
- Judge, Glam Asia’s Top Glam Blogger International Competition (2012).
- Judge, The Zalora Style Awards (2018).
- Judge, The Zalora Style Awards (2017).
- Between – Uncovering New Asian Fashion Narratives fashion exhibition (January 2012).
- ON:2014 Design Faculty exhibition; LASALLE’s ICA, Singapore (1–2 January 2014).
- Origami as Movement, Cumulus Kolding; Denmark (2017).
- Poster presentation, 27th International Costume Congress; Seoul, Korea (2016).
- The Aesthetics of Care: Mapping Intersections of Art, Design and Craft through the Art of Weaving (2019–2020).
- Commissioned to work on a set of headphones by Pioneer for their new headphones Pioneer Superior Club Sound, as part of the design collective FruFru & Tigerlily.
- Launched a collection of exotic leather bags Serpentskirt, as part of the design collective FruFru & Tigerlily (December 2011).
- Part of a group of carefully selected thought-leaders for a music initiative led by Heineken called the Sound Council (2009–present).
- Represented Singapore in the Malaysian International Fashion Festival in the Truly Asia segment, as part of the design collective FruFru & Tigerlily. (November 2008).
- Trend scout, Mindshare Singapore (2007–2010).
- Launched clothing and accessories label FrüFrü & Tigerlily (2005).
- Organiser, RNDM (read: random) (2003–2004).
- Organiser, The Tesseract and In Flught, Wallwork Records, The Substation Guinness Theatre; Singapore (December 2003).
- Founder, Wallwork Records.
- Launched FrüFrü & Tigerlily store; Arab Street, Singapore.
- Performer, Astreal, Laneway Festival (2017).
- Performer, Astreal; Zouk, Bar None, Ngee Ann Polytechnic; Singapore.
- Performer, Astreal, John Peel on his BBC radio show.
- Performer, Astreal, Baybeats; Singapore (2003, 2004, 2006).
- Live visual artist, ResFest international Animation and Film Festival (2005).
- Performer, Astreal, Heatwave, Localpolloza (2000–2001).
- Performer, Astreal, Stasis 2, 4, 5.
- Performer, Astreal, Lover and the Sea, Recital Studio, Esplanade; Singapore.
- Live visual artist, annual OneDotZero international digital film festival (2006).
- Live visuals, MUON, Astreal, Erlend Oye and PopMyCherry.
- DJ, Twilight Action Girl; Zouk, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Opening act, Bloc Party, Cansei De Ser Sexy, Hot Chip and The Presets, Mani of the Stone Roses, The FutureHeads, the post party for Muse and SingFest; Kaiser Chiefs, The Misshapes and Peaches.
- DJ, X-Riders for Redbull event.
- Lecturer, FFF DJ Bootcamp (2013).
- Lecturer, FFF DJ Bootcamp (2012).
- Lecturer, FFF DJ Bootcamp (2011).
Current Research and Practice
- The Aesthetics of Care: Mapping intersections of art, design and craft through the art of weaving (2019–2020).
- Fashion styling for editorial.
- Future crafts.
- Intersections of art, design and craft.
- Place of women’s craft in contemporary art.