Head, School of Spatial & Product Design
- MA (Design), The Open University, UK
- BA Honours (Interior Design), The Open University, UK
Ang Xin Wei is a design-educator. A specialist in interior and spatial design, his body of work seamlessly blends interior and architectural considerations.
At LASALLE, he has implemented significant transformations in the interior design curriculum, known for its strong contemporary work embedded in unique Southeast Asian contexts, and has led its international validation by The Open University and Goldsmiths College, UK.
His professional practice is embodied in Atelier 01, a design agency working on architectural and interior projects in Southeast Asia. The consultancy has since completed a range of architectural and interior projects across Asia – specifically in Singapore, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia – from luxury private properties high-rise residential apartments, commercial offices, F&B and hospitality.
Xin Wei’s key projects include holistic interior and architectural proposals, where his team oversees each project from the initial design proposal stage, professional visualization, technical documentation through to the thoughtful realisation of each project.
Current Research and Practice
Atelier 01 Pte Ltd
- Design director of numerous luxury residential and commercial projects for key clients in the region.
- Greenhouse suite of workspace solutions, Indonesia.
- Lifespace boutique hotels, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Red Hotel Group of hospitality and commercial properties, the Philippines.
RMIT practice-based PhD reflective industry practice in architecture, interior design and landscape
- Inquiry into the inextricable links between academic research (historicising, theorising, criticising) and artistic practice (ideating, iterating, making) in the framework of creative practice research.
- Design process.
- Pragmatics and poetics.
- Context, criticality, mapping, representation and actualisation.
- Annotation and drawing.