In late 1998, the Singapore government announced plans to upgrade LASALLE to play a central role in the development of creative and artistic manpower in Singapore. The upgrading plans included granting LASALLE with financial support from the Ministry of Education. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students are eligible for subsidised fees for MA programmes under the Ministry of Education’s Tuition Grant Scheme.
The respective intakes for the programmes are as follows:
- January – MA Arts and Cultural Leadership, MA Asian Art Histories, MA Creative Writing, MA Design, MA Fine Arts and MA Arts Pedagogy and Practice
- August – MA Art Therapy
Admissions typically open in October for the following August intake. Click here for more information about the application procedures and deadline.
Yes, MOE supports LASALLE’s partnership with Goldsmiths by providing funding to all its BA(Hons) programmes. Over the years, MOE has been sending scholarship students to Goldsmiths.
Yes, Goldsmiths is an internationally renowned educational institution with acknowledged strength in contemporary arts research. It is one of the top art colleges in the UK and well respected internationally.
The following departments in Goldsmiths were ranked in the top 20 nationally:
- Sociology (ranked 1st, equal with Essex, Manchester and York)
- Communication, Cultural and Media Studies (ranked 4th, equal with London School of Economics)
- Anthropology (ranked 8th, equal with Oxford, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Queen’s University Belfast)
- Art and Design (ranked 14th, equal with Birmingham City and Dundee)
- Music (ranked 14th, equal with Bristol, City, Huddersfield, Royal Academy of Music and Glasgow)
- Drama, Dance and Performing Arts (ranked 15th, equal with Birmingham, Roehampton and Aberystwyth)
- History of Art (ranked 17th, equal with Cambridge, School of Oriental and African Studies and Aberdeen)
If you are an MA graduate, you will be awarded a Goldsmiths MA degree.
Yes, you may do so subject to prevailing admission requirements of Goldsmiths.
At the end of your 1.5 – 2 years of study, you will be awarded a MA degree.
LASALLE reserves the right to cancel any class for pedagogical reasons if it does not meet the minimum class size. LASALLE is unable to accept liability for the cancellation of proposed programmes of study prior to their scheduled start.