Date & Time
Fri 18 Aug 2023, 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Block F Level 2 #F202, LASALLE’s McNally Campus
This seminar will feature a discussion between Lynette Pang, Deputy Chief Executive, National Arts Council, Dr Sharon Chang, Chief Research Officer, National Arts Council, and three recipients of the NAC Research Grant who will reflect on and illuminate current research advancements contributing to the NAC’s research vision and agenda.
This event is part of the seminar series ‘Glocal’ Agenda in the Arts Management Research: Interrogating, Redefining and Challenging Traditional Research Canons.
About ‘Glocal’ Agenda in Arts Management Research: Interrogating, Redefining and Challenging Traditional Research Canons
The seminar series consists of six events which aim to explore urgent issues and topics, novel approaches and emerging methodologies which are currently shaping academic research on arts management as a highly interdisciplinary endeavour.
The series brings together key arts policymakers, researchers, practitioners, artists and arts managers in Singapore to feature and celebrate completed and ongoing research projects. These projects redefine local and regional arts management practices, while questioning research traditions through experimentation, innovation and critical discussion, demystifying long-standing stereotypes and fighting existing biases.
Other seminars in the series:
- Book launch for The Future of Heritage: Celebrating BA (Hons) Arts Management research achievements
- National Heritage Board research: Documenting and preserving Singapore heritage
- Experimenting with creative praxis: Research through arts practices
- Researching subjects vs exploring objects: Decolonising arts management research
- Playing with novel technologies: Methodological experimentations