Date & Time
Fri 25 Aug 2023, 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Block F Level 2 #F201, LASALLE’s McNally Campus
Starting with keynotes from Dr Venka Purushothaman, Deputy President & Provost, LASALLE College of the Arts and Jervais Choo, Deputy Director, Organisational Design and Innovation, National Heritage Board, the seminar will discuss the story behind the book The Future of Heritage (2023, Pagesetters).
It will share the research achievements of the book contributors from LASALLE's Class of 2023, who will present their projects to reflect on the future of heritage in Singapore.
This event is part of the seminar series ‘Glocal’ Agenda in the Arts Management Research: Interrogating, Redefining and Challenging Traditional Research Canons.
About ‘Glocal’ Agenda in Arts Management Research: Interrogating, Redefining and Challenging Traditional Research Canons
The seminar series consists of six events which aim to explore urgent issues and topics, novel approaches and emerging methodologies which are currently shaping academic research on arts management as a highly interdisciplinary endeavour.
The series brings together key arts policymakers, researchers, practitioners, artists and arts managers in Singapore to feature and celebrate completed and ongoing research projects. These projects redefine local and regional arts management practices, while questioning research traditions through experimentation, innovation and critical discussion, demystifying long-standing stereotypes and fighting existing biases.
Other seminars in the series:
- National Arts Council research priorities: Addressing shifts in the economic, social and technological landscape
- Playing with novel technologies: Methodological experimentations
- Experimenting with creative praxis: Research through arts practices
- Researching subjects vs exploring objects: Decolonising arts management research
- National Heritage Board research: Documenting and preserving Singapore heritage