The Puttnam School of Film & Animation in the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries seeks Part-time Lecturers to teach into the BA(Hons) Film programme.
Reporting to the Programme Leader, you will be teaching sound across the three levels in the BA(Hons) Film programme, covering location sound recording and dialogue editing, foley recording, stereo and 5.1 sound mixing, as well as providing consultation and advice to the students in their sound post-production process for their thesis films.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on qualifications and experience.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field from an established university.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent experience in sound recording and sound post-production process.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in sound recording and sound post-production processes for film and media.
- Teaching experience in higher education with the ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes and provide student mentoring.
- Ability to work well as a member of the team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching and learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, at least 2 references addressing your professional or teaching qualifications and any relevant supporting materials, by e-mail to: [email protected] or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 31 May 2022 or until position is filled.
Information on LASALLE College of the arts can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.