Lecturer, Design Communication
- Masters of Arts (International Communication), Macquarie University, Australia
- BA Design, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
Joselyn started her career at LASALLE in 2003 as a lecturer and coordinator for the MA Design Programme in the Faculty of Design. From 2007 to 2015, Joselyn led Design Communication, the largest programme in LASALLE, as Programme Leader. She was chiefly responsible for curriculum development and learning and teaching strategies to achieve the Programme’s successful validation with Goldsmiths, University of London in 2012.
Having lived and worked in Hong Kong and Australia, she helmed the position of a Creative Head in a content provider company in Hong Kong that specialises in global branding. Some of her past projects included award-winning portals, MTV Asia, Asia E!Online, CNET Asia, ELLE Hong Kong, British Telecoms, Moet Hennessy and Sun Microsystems.
Joselyn’s current research investigates the pedagogical progression in design education, which she has presented at regional conferences. Her other research interests draw connections between issues on the Design culture in Asia, Visual Culture and Advertising Trends.
Professional Practice/Research Output
- 2015: Author for Beyond Social Media Cool: A case of social experiences as a strategic approach to creativity - Paper published by Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul South Korea, The Theory and Reality of the Convergence in Arts: Korea-Singapore Joint International Conference on Arts and Design Interdisciplinary Studies 2015
- Author for Everything you pin turns to gold: Dissecting the Pinterest effect, published in the first International conference of the Department of Interdisciplinary Program in Studies of Arts, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, South Korea
- 2013: Commentary on the new Singapore Coin design launched in June 2013 for Monocle Radio Online, the Globalist
- 2012: Editor and Contributor for Publication - A Bag full of hellos: Silence(s) & giggles for The Linking Cities Project 2010–2012 collaboration, LASALLE College of the Arts & SangMyung University
- 2011: (Co Author) Big Picture: Finer details, Education by Design, Design through Education for Image, Imagination, Emotion for New Vision of Design Through Liberal Arts for International Design Symposium, Ubuntu Conference 2011, Seoul, South Korea
- 2011: Keynote Speaker for Motion in Design – International Conference on Computer Animated Design and Visual Learning 2011 in ChaoYang University of Technology, Taichung, Taiwan
- Paper Presentation, The teaching of nurturing creative leaders – understanding the pedagogical progression through visual learning
- Research & Editorial for A Bag full of hellos: Silence(s) & giggles