Dr Rosslyn Prosser
Dr Rosslyn Prosser
Programme Leader, MA Creative Writing
- PhD University of Adelaide, Australia
- MA University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- BA Communications University of South Australia, Australia
Dr Rosslyn Prosser is an academic and writer who publishes in a range of forms and genres from academic publication to life-writing, prose and creative non-fiction. Rosslyn has taught creative writing, literary studies, media and communications and gender studies in Australian universities for over 20 years.
Prior to joining LASALLE, she was Head of Department, English and Creative Writing at the University of Adelaide and taught in the Creative Writing Major, Honours in Creative Writing, and has supervised a number of Masters and PhDs in Creative Writing.
Rosslyn has a passion for experimenting with form and structure as well as enabling and encouraging students to work across the many fields of writing that are available to them. She is an innovative academic, and has developed a range of initiatives to encourage learning, writing and community building. One of the initiatives was an online publication for Undergraduate Creative Writing students produced in their final year course, which allows students to undertake all aspects of editing and publishing.
Rosslyn has successfully published interdisciplinary research and writing, and has publications in peer reviewed journals, curatorial and non-traditional outputs. She has received a substantive Australian Research Council grant that demonstrates her capacity for engagement with external bodies and community engagement with demonstrable outcomes. She has convened and organised successful engagement events with the Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums sector and convened and organised significant writing symposia and events.
- The Queer Counter-Archive, Essay for the exhibition Transmitting Cultural Memory Artists Susan Bruce & Keith Giles Prospect Gallery (2017)
- Domestic Rituals, Essay on the work of Rita Hall Exhibition Life in Still Murray Bridge Regional Gallery (2015)
- Gender Bender, The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies 1-3 (2016)
Research and Practice
- Vonni Diva Drag Queen Drag Histories, Herstories and Hairstories: Drag in a Changing Scene; Bloomsbury (2020)
- Map Failures Westerly: South Australia Online Special Issue 6 (2018)
- The Marching Dunstans: performing memory, queering memory by Baird B, Prosser, R. Media International Australia v 165 issue 1, pp 25 – 36 (2017)
- How to Make Whips Queer Modes New Australian Poetry Cordite Poetry Review, available here. (2017)
- Writing from Below v 2, No 2, by Prosser, R. Mitchell, G RXP (2015)
- Wide Open Road, Woman, live radio, performance, podcast, mixed media performance, Soul Box Adelaide, Radio Adelaide, produced and directed, Young Carmel, Collins, Tony, @Production Media Arts Events (2015)
- Wide Open Road, On the Beach live radio, performance, podcast, mixed media performance, Soul Box Adelaide, Radio Adelaide, produced and directed, Young Carmel, Collins, Tony, @Production Media Arts Events (2015)
- Showgirl: The costumes of an Adelaide Iconic Diva, Migration Museum, South Australia (2016)
- Marching Dunstans by Prosser, R and Baird, B. (2015)