Reporting to the Head of School of Design Communication, you will be working in the College’s photography laboratory and associated facilities. The School of Design Communication is the custodian for photography which is a shared resource in the College.
You will be predominantly responsible for providing technical support and assistance to teaching staff and students. You will also maintain and manage the laboratory spaces and the purchase of equipment and materials.
Technical officers provide technical support for teaching and learning primarily by inducting and guiding students and other approved users within/across Faculties, Schools and programmes in the appropriate and safe use of equipment, materials and facilities. Technical officers are required to develop and update, in consultation with the Dean, relevant Heads of School, Programme Leader(s) and the Director of Facilities, the SOPs on the appropriate and safe use of equipment, materials and facilities to support teaching and learning.
In addition to the above, your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interacting positively with students to support their learning experience.
- Being the custodian of machinery and equipment in the workshop and studio as assigned to ensure maintenance and inventory listings are updated.
- Ensuring maintenance and good housekeeping of workshop and studio and optimal use of space and resources.
- Overseeing the workshop and studio to ensure the use and storage of equipment, facilities and materials by students and teaching staff to meet health and safety standards.
- Providing technical and operational support for the College, Faculty and School events and exhibitions, as and when required, both within and outside of campus.
- Working on staggered work hours when required.
- Bachelor Degree in photography or in a relevant field with 2 years and above of experience in photographic production, post-production and/or studio management. Diploma holders with 5 years of relevant experience may apply.
- Possess valid occupational first aid certificate.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health Act and other work-related regulations or legislations.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures on procurement and budgeting.
- Understanding of electrical systems.
- Good interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Good customer service skills and able to embrace a student-centric service culture.
- Good organisation and administrative skills.
- Ability to perform basic repair and maintenance of equipment under his/her responsibilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot on hardware and software faults and find appropriate solutions to technical problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other appropriate software e.g. Adobe.
- Familiar in operating with Mac platforms.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to [email protected] or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 2 September 2022 or until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.