Senior Executive/Assistant Manager (Programme Administration) 2-Year Contract
The School of Creative Industries is seeking a highly driven individual with a passion for the arts and arts education to join us as Senior Executive/Assistant Manager to predominantly provide programme administration support to academic staff, and administrative and secretarial support to the Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media and Creative Industries and Head of School. This position reports to the Head of School and the Dean, and key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide programme administration support to academic staff to facilitate the delivery of learning and teaching which comprises timetabling, booking of rooms/teaching spaces, collating of data/results pertaining to assessments, surveys, audits, etc.
- Organise faculty/programme meetings and provide secretarial support to all formal meetings and minutes taking.
- Coordinate Board of Examiners’ meetings/visits and assessments schedules.
- Assist in Annual Programme Monitoring Reports, Programme Semester Report, and other faculty/school periodic reports which include student numbers and progression reports.
- Provide student support and act as point of contact for both parents and students pertaining to all matters related to programmes assigned.
- Track and monitor faculty budget.
- Liaise with other Divisions on behalf of the faculty/school in relation to College-wide events, such as Orientation, Open House, The LASALLE Show, etc.
- Support continuous improvements by providing administrative support to the development and implementation of processes.
- Assist lecturers with administrative paperwork related to research projects and professional development, if applicable.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree from an established university with at least three years of relevant administrative experience within a tertiary education environment. Those with at least five years or equivalent of experience will be considered for the Assistant Manager position.
- Good knowledge of processes and procedures in an administrative role preferably within the education sector, such as scheduling, budgeting, timetabling, coordinating and compilation of grades, administrative support to engage part-time teachers and visiting artists.
- Good organisation, administrative and some project coordination/management skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication (written and spoken), organisational and analytical skills.
- Resourceful, meticulous, proactive and excellent follow-through capability.
- Ability to work independently within tight deadlines and to produce output of high accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-cultural environment, both within the team and with the various faculties and divisions across the College.
- Appreciation and knowledge of arts and culture, and interest in the development of young people through education are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Mac operating systems.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 27 April 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.