(Student Services) 2-Year Contract
The Division of Student Administration is seeking a highly driven individual with a passion for the arts and arts education to join us as a Senior Executive to organise Convocation and conduct student life activities. This position reports to the Manager of Student Services.
- Assist in conceptualising, planning and executing Convocation in collaboration with other divisions.
- Work with the Assistant Manager to strategise and create opportunities and services that support students and their development, creating a positive and enriching student life.
- Assist and support key institutional/ student life activities, including Orientation, assessment goodies, Free Fruits Day and ad hoc activities.
- Assist in community projects, student competitions and student promotions with industry partners, faculties and students.
- Use of multiple channels to maintain communication with students, including social media to disseminate information and receive feedback.
- Maintain and ensure information accuracy in the Student Learning Portal.
- Carry out and manage administrative processes e.g prepare activities proposal, manage procurement.
- Prepare event posters and broadcast to students via various communication platforms.
- Write up on events/activities for inclusion in the College newsletter.
- Bachelor’s degree from an established university with at least 3 years of administrative experience within a tertiary education environment. Candidates without relevant working experience or possess a polytechnic diploma with at least 5 years of administrative experience may apply and will be considered for the Executive position.
- Good interpersonal, communication (written and spoken), organisational and analytical skills.
- Some experience in organising events.
- Ability to engage and communicate well with students at tertiary level.
- Resourceful, meticulous, proactive and excellent follow-through capability.
- Ability to work independently within tight deadlines and to produce output of high accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-cultural environment, both within the team and with the various faculties and divisions across the College.
- IT savvy and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to embrace a student-centric service culture.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 March 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.