Reporting to the Director (Division of Information & Communications Technology) and the Manager (ICT Operations), you will provide support in the areas of directory services, server and storage virtualisation, backup and restoration of critical services, maintenance of servers, network devices and IT security according to the ICT policy to achieve stability in the College's day-to-day processes and activities. You will also provide level-2 support to the Desktop Computing Team in providing support, technical assistance and administration of user desktop environment.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Administer the Windows Linux Server and Google Cloud.
- Manage Cisco/HP Aruba network router, switches and Wireless Controller/Access Point.
- Manage migration and commissioning of server/network systems.
- Manage Cisco IP Telephony and Active Directory/Google User Account.
- Perform physical installation of standard equipment in the data centre.
- Manage IT security policies for servers, firewall and network appliances.
- Ensure cybersecurity compliance for the College.
- Review cyber risks and develop controls to mitigate or transfer risk. Carry out continuous monitoring to detect new threats and develop immediate responses to these threats before they lead to a data breach.
- Monitor events related to access management, provide first-line support and coordination in the resolution of those events where appropriate.
- Act as further escalation point for the service desk.
- Console operations – monitoring the status of specific systems, job queues and providing first level intervention if appropriate.
- Manage print devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or equivalent from an established university.
- Minimum 3 years and above of relevant experience, preferably with experience in supervising outsourced ICT services and hands-on experience in troubleshooting for end-user computing systems.
- Diploma holders with 8 years and above of relevant experience may apply.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows administration – server, Active Directory, Desktop; Apple Mac OSX administration – Desktop; Unix and Linux Administration; server and storage virtualisation.
- Keep abreast of technology trends in end-user applications and computing.
- Working knowledge of network connectivity for system rollout and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of VMware Horizon, Cisco Call manager, Palo Alto firewall, Trend Micro Deep Security, Citrix ADC, Aruba Clearpass, Aruba NetEdit, Aruba Airwave, Google Workspace Suite.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills, with a good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to embrace a student-centric service culture.
- Able to work across cultures with different individuals and bodies such as students, parents, government, constituencies etc., where appropriate.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary and enclosing a recent passport-sized photograph, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org before closing date 3rd December 2021 or in writing (stating clearly the position applied on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
More information on the College can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.