Senior Executive/Assistant Manager (Teaching & Learning Application)
Reporting to the Director (Division of Information & Communications Technology) and the Manager (Teaching and Learning Application), you will be responsible for the management and administration of all teaching and learning applications, providing support and training to our users. Analyse and understand user requirements and business processes to provide solutions to improve efficiency and enhance the learning experiences of our students. Design and develop applications and systems based on emerging technological trends. Maintain existing applications and systems to ensure efficient functionalities.
- Develop and maintain in-house software aligning security, compliance, performance and scalability.
- Develop scripts to automate build, software release, application deployment, automated testing, system and application management.
- Communicate and work with system stakeholders to gather requirements and provide solutions for implementation.
- Collaborate with team members to explore and adopt new technologies to improve software application reliability and availability.
- Provide technical assistance to users when necessary, such as resolving system errors, fixing system bugs reported by users.
- Implement security practices that comply with standards to protect company data and infrastructure.
- Create and maintain business intelligence dashboard reporting.
- Ensure that applications are designed to be effectively managed given the organisation's technology architecture, available skills and tools.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in business information technology or related professional qualifications from an established university or a diploma from an established tertiary institution.
- Preferably 3 years and above or equivalent of experience in performing full stack development, supporting the operations and administration of a learning management system. Those with at least 5 years or equivalent of experience will be considered for the Assistant Manager role.
- For diploma holders, 8 years and above or equivalent of relevant experience will be considered for the Senior Executive role.
- Ability to plan, develop, test and deliver web/console applications.
- Familiar with administration of Microsoft Windows Server, Linux Server and MacOS.
- Proficient in Database management – Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Postgresql, Firebase.
- Knowledge in UI Design – Bootstrap, CSS, SaSS, LESS.
- Knowledge in Cybersecurity is needed.
- Experience in DevOps/DevSecOps practices and CI/CD pipelines will be a plus.
- Resourceful with good problem-solving, presentation and data analytics skills.
- Strong written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, collaborate with colleagues at all levels and provide good customer service.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 31 March 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.