LASALLE College of the Arts seeks to appoint an outstanding Programme Leader for its recently established Masters in Creative Writing programme.
This MA programme aims to nurture and inspire a new generation of creative writers to work effectively across a range of forms and genres, and to prepare not only the writers, but also the editors, publishers, cultural curators and writing teachers of tomorrow to develop their professionals within and beyond Singapore. The Creative Writing programme, the first of its kind in Singapore, builds on LASALLE established provision in scriptwriting as well as critical writings in visual arts embedded in its undergraduate programmes.
The Programme Leader is responsible for the academic leadership and management of the programme. LASALLE welcomes applications from specialists in genres and forms ranging from creative non-fiction to fiction not limited to genre fiction but rather inclusive of speculative fiction, science fiction, biography, autobiography, docudrama, graphic narratives, screenplays, poetry, and so on. The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and supervision at tertiary level, and be able to contribute to the growth of scholarship in the field of creative writing. You will also be expected to position and promote the programme to reach out to prospective students/industry.
Your key responsibilities include overseeing the curriculum, its delivery and development, planning and coordinating classes and managing students’ creative output and academic needs, fostering high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College as well as managing the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget, which includes selection and management of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists. A key role will be to work with the national agencies developing creative writing and to jointly work on opportunities with the industry.
In addition to the academic administration, the Programme Leader is expected to teach and lead key modules, supervise theses and contribute to the emerging research culture at LASALLE.
- PhD in Creative Writing.
- Substantial publications and written experience in a professional context.
- At least 10 years of professional and teaching experience in creative writing education, at tertiary level, and at least 7 years' or the equivalent experience in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Substantial knowledge and extensive experience of academic framework of higher education in arts institutions.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate at all levels.
- A positive attitude to research and able to mentor emerging researchers.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary plus a recent photo of yourself and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 31 May 2020
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.