Design is a key cultural and social engine to propel the future of economies and engage with emerging communities in societies. The Faculty of Design at LASALLE, a leader in design education in Southeast Asia, propositions a curriculum focused on the needs of tomorrow. The Faculty trains highly skilled (digital, aesthetic, technical) graduates as creative disruptors, out-of-the-box thinking practitioners and enterprising designers for a new world,
The School of Design Communication within the Faculty of Design, seeks to appoint a dynamic and highly creative Programme Leader for its Diploma in Design for Communication and Experiences programme.
Reporting to the Head of School, you will provide academic and managerial leadership for the programme. Your key responsibilities include overseeing the curriculum and its continuous enhancement and the planning and co-ordination of classes, students’ projects and exhibitions. You will work with your team of lecturers to inspire students and produce highly skilled and employable graduates. You will be encouraged to continuously explore innovative ways of teaching through various modes including blended learning. You will also manage the programme efficiently – with the Head of School – within the allotted resources and budget, which includes the selection and management of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists. You will support the Head to identify regional academic and design projects and opportunities for students to engage with their peers. You will be required to build strong industry partnerships.
As Programme Leader, you will be required to undertake some teaching in the Programme to set the tone and inspire young minds. You may be deployed to teach into other Programmes within the Faculty or across the College, where appropriate interest is identified. You will work with other programme leaders across the College to foster a culture of collaboration.
We encourage applications from individuals looking to join a dynamic organisation seeking to brave new adventures in art and design education and further the field of design communications.
- PhD or equivalent in the field of design communication, experience design and or design + technology
- At least 10 years of tertiary level teaching with at least 7 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Excellent track record of research and/or practice.
- Strong ability to work within a multicultural context and in diverse/interdisciplinary settings,
- Strong organisational, communication, interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate at all levels.
- Strong ability to mentor staff and students.
- An awareness of the design industry in Singapore or Asia, is desirable.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary plus a recent photo of yourself and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 31 July 2021 OR until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.