The School of Fashion, which resides within the Faculty of Design, seeks to appoint a Programme Leader for the BA(Hons) Fashion Design & Textiles and BA(Hons) Fashion Media and Industries programmes. Reporting to the Dean and Head of School of Fashion, you will be responsible for the academic leadership and management of the programmes with the aim of achieving students’ learning outcomes.
Your key responsibilities include overseeing the curriculum and its continuing development, the planning and co-ordination of classes and managing students’ projects and exhibitions relevant to the programme. You will ensure high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College. You will also manage the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget, which includes selection and management of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists.
In addition to the academic administration, the Programme Leader also undertakes teaching of BA(Hons) Fashion Design & Textiles and BA(Hons) Fashion Media and Industries programmes, and other fashion programmes within the School of Fashion or the Faculty of Design.
As Programme Leader, you will also provide strong and active commitment to the encouragement and furtherance of staff professional development, practice and research. We encourage applications from individuals with an established professional practice and research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, PhD or equivalent with substantial professional practice in a relevant field in fashion, preferably womenswear and sustainability.
- At least 10 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 7 years of full-time professional experience preferably in Asia.
- Experience of teaching fashion design, textiles and fashion business within a multicultural context, and an awareness of the fashion industry in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
- At least 5 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Substantial knowledge and extensive experience of academic framework of higher education in arts institutions.
- Knowledge of contextualising academic programme content and curriculum development to fulfill requirements of accreditation and for programme enhancement.
- Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, programme budget and programme delivery.
- Teacher training qualification will be an advantage.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Good pastoral care skills would be advantageous.
- A positive attitude to research in fashion and educational fields, and preferably a personal research profile and able to mentor emerging researchers.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to email@example.com or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 15 October 2020
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.