LASALLE’s arts management programmes are dynamic and interdisciplinary, incorporating a national, regional and international outlook and a commitment to energising academic inquiry in the field. Our BA(Hons) Arts Management and MA Arts and Cultural Leadership programmes develop forward-thinking, creative arts managers with leadership qualities and a strong commitment to the arts.
We are seeking an individual with a proven track record in the theory and practice of Arts Management and Cultural Policy who has the vision and capability to lead the College's established BA(Hon) Arts Management programme. The ideal candidate will possess practical arts management and teaching experience, with an international perspective on the subject, an enthusiasm for mentoring the next generation of arts managers and leaders, and a commitment to research.
Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries and the Head, School of Creative Industries, the Programme Leader is responsible for the academic leadership and management of the BA(Hons) Arts Management programme. You will be responsible for teaching, research and development of modules in the programme, development of local and international industry experiences and placements for students as well as supervision of student theses and projects.
Your key responsibilities include oversight of the curriculum as well as its delivery and development, planning and co-ordinating classes, managing students’ academic needs and handling programme administration. You will lead a team of full-time and part-time lecturers and play a key role in developing the programme’s links with the arts sector. You will ensure high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College. You will manage the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget which includes selection and management of a team of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists and guest speakers. The ideal candidate will be a team player, have an interest in or experience in the arts in Asia, and contribute to staff research.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent in arts management or other relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of tertiary level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework, of which at least 5 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- At least 5 years of full-time professional experience in arts management.
- Knowledge of contextualising curriculum development to align with requirements of validation and accreditation.
- Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, budgets and programme delivery.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to engage students at undergraduate level through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Good pastoral care skills would be advantageous.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile and ability to mentor emerging researchers.
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position for which you are applying, by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applying in the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 31 March 2020 OR until position is filled.
For information about the School of Creative Industries please visit here.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.