Reporting to the Dean of Performing Arts, you are responsible for managing the Faculty’s annual music concerts, dance performances, theatre productions and other events to ensure high production values and professional standards. The position involves scheduling activities, allocating productions to theatre venues, monitoring budgets, advising on production protocols, assessing productions for health and safety hazards and reporting on production activities. You will also provide production, technical and operational support in the College’s events, performances and exhibitions.
You will oversee all production processes and meetings and establish clear communication within production teams and across the Faculty and ensure a successful setup for each production by coordinating with the academic and creative team. You will work closely with the lecturers in Theatre Production and Management and Audio Production and will line manage the technical officers, as they assist with supervision and mentoring of student managers, technicians and designers on productions. You will also take on the role of production manager for various Faculty productions, and lead in the creation and processing of all production and production budget paperwork. The successful applicant may at times be invited to engage in some teaching activities and mentoring in the Diploma in Theatre Production and Management programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an established university with nine years and above or equivalent of relevant experience at tertiary level, of which three years and above or equivalent should be in a managerial role.
- Possess considerable professional experience as a production manager or events manager in a theatre setting and expertise in theatre production, e.g. lighting, sound, staging, projection, management of production teams.
- Excellent organisational abilities to implement production systems, such as scheduling, budget tracking, health and safety, risk assessment, hazard management and quality control.
- Good operational knowledge of work-related acts, regulations or legislations.
- Responsible leader and team player with good interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.Strong knowledge of computer programmes, such as MS Office, AutoCad, Vectorworks.
- Experience working in an educational setting is an advantage.
- Knowledge of projection and video in a performance environment is desirable.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 15 Sep 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.