The School of Design Communication resides in the Faculty of Design and offers Diploma and BA(Hons) programmes in Design Communication and Masters of Arts in Design.
The Masters of Arts in Design programme is seeking Part-time Lecturers to plan and deliver teaching in the assigned modules examining design research and practice. They will work alongside the programme team on supervising design development and individual MA dissertations.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on the qualifications and experience.
- Ph.D in the relevant field from an established university preferred.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent experience in the design industry.
- Extensive design practice and/or research experience.
- Experience conducting design workshops and labs, providing constructive feedback on conceptual design development.
- Strong knowledge of emerging trends and theories in design and related fields.
- Experience teaching in a school environment or engaging in design practice within the community.
- Scholarship in any discipline of design, preferably resulting in research outputs.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching and learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students would be an advantage.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, at least 2 references addressing your professional or teaching qualifications and any relevant supporting materials, by e-mail to [email protected] or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date is 31 May 2022 or until position is filled.
Information on LASALLE College of the arts can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.