The School of Design Communication resides in the Faculty of Design and the School offers Diploma and BA(Hons) programmes in Design Communication and Masters of Arts in Design.
The Diploma in Design Communication programme is seeking Part-time Lecturers to plan and deliver teaching in the assigned module in Creative Photography.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on the qualifications and experience.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field from an established university preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years' or equivalent teaching experience at tertiary level.
- At least 3 years of full-time professional experience/practice relevant to the assigned programme.
- A solid foundation in digital and traditional photography.
- Ability to teach both technical and conceptual foundations of photography on introductory, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Ability to supervise students and to assess their photographic works.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching & learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes will be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary and enclosing a recent passport-sized photograph, by e-mail to: email@example.com before closing date 15 March 2020 or in writing (stating clearly the position applied on the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Information on the Institution and the positions advertised above can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.