The School of Contemporary Music (SoCM) in the Faculty of Performing Arts, is Singapore and Southeast Asia’s leading music school dedicated to developing thoughtful, reflective and virtuosic music talents in contemporary expressions of music.
Reporting to the Programme Leader, the Part-Time Lecturer will be teaching across Level 2 and 3 in the Diploma in Audio Production. Required classes include both theoretical concepts of audio system design concepts and practical projects in sound reinforcement.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on qualifications and experience.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field from an established university.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent experience in live sound reinforcement
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in sound system design and implementation, audio networking topologies.
- Teaching experience in higher education with the ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes and provide student mentoring.
- Ability to work well as a member of the team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching and learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date: 28th January 2022 or until the position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.