The Puttnam School of Film & Animation in the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries seeks Part-time Lecturers to teach into the BA(Hons) Film programme.
Reporting to the Programme Leader, you will be teaching producing to Level 1 and Level 2 students in the BA(Hons) Film programme, covering line producing, as well as the business of film and film financing. You will also consult with students regarding production related matters on their portfolio, as well as group films, which are mandatory components on the programme that all students must undertake.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on the qualifications and experience.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field from an established university.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent experience in producing for film and/or TV.
- Knowledge of all aspects of producing, including financing, budgeting, scheduling, casting, filming permit application, distribution and exhibition, etc.
- Teaching experience in higher education with the ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes and provide student mentoring.
- Ability to work well as a member of the team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching and learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to [email protected] or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 30 June 2022 or until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.