The School of Design Communication, which resides in the Faculty of Design, offers Diploma and BA(Hons) programmes in Design Communication and Masters of Arts in Design.
The BA(Hons) Design Communication programme is seeking Part-time Lecturers to plan and deliver teaching in the assigned modules, specifically in Studio Classes and Cultural & Contextual Studies.
The primary responsibilities of a Part-time Lecturer are to plan, teach and assess within the existing curriculum of the assigned programme and provide student-learning support. Part-time Lecturers are usually engaged on a semester basis and paid on an hourly-rated basis. The rate of pay will depend on the qualifications and experience.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field from an established university preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from an established university with at least 5 years or equivalent teaching experience at tertiary level.
- At least 5 years of full-time relevant professional experience/practice.
- Substantive professional practice in the areas of Graphic Design, Design for Interaction, Advertising or Brand Communication, Digital Media or related fields.
- Substantive knowledge of cultural and contextual studies and adequate involvement in relevant design practice and/or established research projects and publications.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Teacher training qualifications will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, design, teaching & learning methodologies and assessment of learning outcomes will be an advantage.
- Pastoral care skills relating to issues concerning students will be an advantage.
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position you are applying, by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applying in the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 15 March 2020 OR until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.