The School of Design Communication which resides within the Faculty of Design seeks to appoint a Lecturer for the Design Communication programmes. Reporting to the Head of School of Design Communication and Programme Leader, you will teach the Diploma and Degree programmes with a broad focus on the various disciplines within Design Communication.
The ideal candidate should have the expertise and be able to teach in one or many of the following disciplines: human interface, UI/UX and experience design; critical graphic design and experimental visual communication practices; generative design, processing, creative coding; visual identity and branding; contextual and cultural studies.
As Lecturer, your key responsibilities include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive-based contents to ensure students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with teams within/across programmes and Faculty to enhance the strategic and organisational plans and ensure that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme, and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects/exhibitions and other cross-faculty initiatives.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 3 years of full-time of relevant professional practice.
- For Senior Lecturer, at least 9 years and above or the equivalent of postgraduate teaching experience in practice-based arts at tertiary level and 6 years of proven track record of professional experience in related design fields or and/or tertiary design education with a PhD qualification.
- Substantive professional practice in the areas of Communication Design, Design for Interaction, Brand Communication, Service Design, Experience Design and/or related fields of Design.
- Substantive knowledge of design history and theory, cultural and contextual studies and adequate involvement in relevant design practice and/or have established research projects and publications.
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in teaching and student learning.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to [email protected] or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date is 30 June 2022 or until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.