LASALLE’s Faculty of Design, renowned for its cutting-edge, transdisciplinary design practice and education, seeks to appoint energetic, empathetic and passionate individuals as Lecturers at this pivotal moment in the College’s transition to university status.
We are looking for recent PhD graduates/early career academics who demonstrate specific knowledge and research to strengthen and complement the Faculty’s talented academic team. Applications from individuals with one or combination of the following domain practice and/or research specialisation are welcome:
- Digital fashion and sustainability
- Product design and innovation
- Social design
- Systems and transformation design
- Computation and technology
- Spatial ecologies and architecture
Successful candidates will be appointed as a member of the teaching staff in one of the three Schools within the Faculty. The ideal candidate should have a strong design portfolio, some relevant professional practice and tertiary teaching/research experience. PhD work must demonstrate innovative contribution to the above-mentioned areas.
As Lecturer, your key responsibilities include teaching, academic preparation and administration, assessment and student supervision. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects/exhibitions and other cross faculty initiatives. The Faculty will mentor recent PhD graduates in teaching practices.
- PhD in one of the design specialisations (Individuals in the final submission stages of their doctorate will also be considered).
- Preferably 5 years of tertiary-level teaching and research experience.
- Strong passion for developing a teaching practice in design.
- Positive attitude to research, and an emerging personal research profile.
- Knowledge of design histories and theories and cultural and contextual studies.
- Involvement in design practices, projects and/or publications would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- People-oriented, strong ability to work in diverse and multicultural teams.
- Candidates must submit a design/research portfolio.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to [email protected] or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date is 30 June 2022 or until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.