The Faculty of Performing Arts seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer in Theatre (Voice) to teach into all three performance-based programmes, the BA(Hons) Acting, BA(Hons) Musical Theatre and Diploma in Performance programmes, which are part of the School of Dance & Theatre.
This position will report to a Programme Leader and will bring teaching expertise to the team of Theatre teachers, focused on delivering Vocal skills. Students in the School of Dance & Theatre are introduced to a variety of methodologies and performance styles (Asian and Western). The Lecturer (Theatre) with Voice expertise will teach from one or more contemporary vocal techniques, and will also develop students in the use of accents and dialects, and microphone techniques.
The Lecturer will have professional experience as vocal coach, and the capacity to teach, mentor and motivate young people. The Theatre programmes teach extensively by engaging students in performances and collaborative projects. The Lecturer will have professional experience in live and/or screen performance, and will coach students in their vocal performances and may be invited to direct or devise some student performances, where appropriate.
As a Lecturer at LASALLE, your key responsibilities include academic preparation; teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive based content to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with the teams within/across programmes and Faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects/performances and other cross faculty initiatives. In particular, you will support the Programme Leader to deliver student learning outcomes through high-quality performances. You will also implement research/professional practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established professional and/or research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent substantial professional experience as vocal coach.
- At least 5 years of tertiary level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and ability to teach within a multicultural context, and an awareness of the performing arts industry in Singapore.
- At least 3 years of full-time relevant professional experience/practice with strong specialist knowledge in vocal/voice coaching.
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary plus a recent photo of yourself and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 31 May 2020
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.