The Faculty of Performing Arts seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer to teach into two performance-based programmes, the BA(Hons) Acting and BA(Hons) Musical Theatre, which are part of the School of Dance & Theatre.
This position will report to a Programme Leader and will bring teaching expertise in one or more Asian performance techniques such as Suzuki, Kathakali, Chinese Opera, Silat, Noh, and be proficient in physical training. The Lecturer (Theatre) will also have experience teaching Stanislavski-based techniques, and be able to direct productions for the BA(Hons) Acting Programme in contemporary styles.
The Lecturer will be expected to contribute to the School of Dance and Theatre's global strategy and research culture, be part of a dedicated team and will be expected to demonstrate collegiality, have a student-centric ethos, and be skilled in delivering pastoral care to tertiary students.
As a Lecturer at LASALLE, your key responsibilities include academic preparation; teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive based content to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work with and actively collaborate across the School of Dance and Theatre’s five programmes as well as within and across Faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects/performances and other cross faculty initiatives. In particular, you will support the Programme Leader to deliver student learning outcomes through high-quality performances. You will also implement research/professional practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established professional and/or research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification (at least an MA or MFA), preferably at PhD level, or equivalent with substantial professional experience.
- At least 5 years of tertiary-level teaching experience in University and/or conservatoire with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and ability to teach within a multicultural context, and an awareness of the performing arts industry in Singapore; and
- At least 3 years of full-time relevant professional experience/practice with strong specialist knowledge in performance techniques.
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to email@example.com or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 30 November 2020
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.