The School of Spatial & Product Design, resides within the Faculty of Design seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer to teach into the BA(Hons) Product Design programme.
Reporting to the Head, School of Spatial & Product Design and the Programme Leader, your key responsibilities include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive-based content to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with the teams within/across programmes and Faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans as well as ensure that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects, students’ placements, research collaboration and other cross faculty initiatives. In particular, you will support the Programme Leader to deliver teaching and achieving student learning outcomes. You will promote the use of a range of methods and techniques in teaching, learning and assessment, as well as engage in the evaluation and development of modules for which you have responsibility, in terms of content, delivery and assessment especially in the area of consumer appliances. You will also implement research/professional practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students.
The ideal candidate for this position should be dynamic, multi-skilled and forward-thinking, and be primarily engaged in the teaching across the three levels of the degree programme. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established professional and/or research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years or more of postgraduate teaching experience at tertiary level in product design, and at least 4 years of full-time industry experience and professional practice relevant to product design.
- Good working knowledge of arts education at tertiary level including curriculum development, design, teaching, learning methodologies, and assessment of learning outcomes.
- A passion for teaching with the ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Excellent communication, organisational and teamworking skills as well as academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, preferably with a personal research profile.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 15 March 2021 OR until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.