The Puttnam School of Film and Animation in the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer to teach the BA(Hons) Film programme.
Reporting to the Programme Leader, your key responsibilities include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive-based content to ensure students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with the teams within/across programmes and Faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans as well as ensure that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects and other cross faculty initiatives. In particular, you will support the Programme Leader to deliver student learning outcomes. You will also implement research/professional practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students.
The ideal candidate for this position should be dynamic, multi-skilled and forward-thinking, and be primarily engaged in the teaching of directing components across the three levels of the degree programme, as well as the more general film practice modules, and possibly modules in image post-production which includes colour grading. You should have several years of industry and professional experience in feature film directing and image post-production. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established professional and/or research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of postgraduate experience in teaching and research at tertiary-level with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and ability to teach within a multicultural context.
- At least 7 years of full-time relevant professional experience/practice with strong specialist knowledge of film directing, image post-production and sound post workflow.
- A passion for teaching with the ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Excellent communication, organisational and teamworking skills as well as academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, preferably with a personal research profile.
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position you are applying, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (stating clearly the position applied on the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 15 March 2020 OR until position is filled.
Information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
For information about the Puttnam School of Film & Animation please visit:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.