The School of Creative Industries resides in the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries. The programmes in the School aim to educate and nurture the next generation of professionals, researchers and leaders in art therapy, arts management, arts pedagogy and creative writing. The arts and creative sectors need a broad spectrum of talents for their development and the School endeavours to fill this need by preparing our graduates to shape the futures of their varied disciplines. The School is active in community engagement, research and collaborations within the broader arts and creative sector, nationally and internationally.
We are seeking a proven academic leader to lead and inspire the next generation of professionals in the fields of creative and cultural enterprises. The ideal candidate will be a research expert in one of the subject areas housed in the School (or in a closely affiliated discipline) and have the ability to future-proof student learning to help bolster the cultural and creative industries in Singapore.
The primary responsibility of a Head of School is to assist the Dean in developing the School’s vision, proactively raise its national and international profile, strategically engage with the public and private sector bodies in the creative industries, and enhance external academic and industry partnerships as well as projects both locally and globally.
Other key functions include driving agreed strategies for the School, implementing its operational plans, overseeing staff teams and driving intake numbers in postgraduate programmes. The Head of School contributes to the planning, design and delivery of the curricula and fosters and participates in research, as well as contributing to teaching in their own area(s) of specialism. The role requires the continuous enhancement of the student learning experience through innovative modes of learning and teaching.
This is a key academic leadership and administrative role in the operation of the Faculty and the College.
- PhD or equivalent in one of the subject areas of the School or another relevant discipline in the arts, humanities or social sciences, with substantial research in the creative industries.
- At least 13 years of postgraduate tertiary level teaching experience, of which preferably at least 8 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Knowledge of the Quality Assurance Framework in higher education will be an advantage.
- Proven track record or preferably at least 8 years of full-time professional experience in the creative industries.
- Knowledge of contextualising academic programme content and curriculum development to fulfil requirements of validation and accreditation as well as programme enhancement.
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills.
- Effective people management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well in teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, programme budget and programme delivery.
- Experience in developing collaborative and interdisciplinary projects, and developing strong networks with external academic partners, community and industry.
- Strong student pastoral care skills.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to email@example.com or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 30 November 2020
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.