The Division of Communications is seeking a highly driven individual with a passion for the arts and arts education to join us as an Executive/Senior Executive in Public Affairs.
This position serves as the media relations & communications specialist assisting the Assistant Manager and Director in implementing the Division’s strategic communications plans to position the College as Asia’s leading contemporary arts and design institution.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Take the lead on media outreach for selected staff, student and institutional projects.
- Assist in research and liaison with students and lecturers for information gathering.
- Coordinate and facilitate interviews between journalists and staff/students.
- Assist with drafting media materials including press releases, speeches, FAQ, factsheets and responses to queries.
- Coordinate media activity with PR agency.
- Attend to requests for corporate logo and issue soft copy files and guidelines.
- Coordinate photoshoots, upkeep photo library and process requests for images.
- Research and develop original content for LASALLE’s owned platforms.
- Support on copywriting, image curation and liaising with LASALLE’s appointed design agency for the annual Year in Review.
- Support on internal communications such as internal alignment of messaging and layout in corporate decks, posters, staff newsletter and other communiques.
- Manage the procurement and issuing of corporate gift items.
- General administration including media monitoring, managing the general enquiries email, processing invoices and other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, journalism or social sciences from an established university with 3 years and above of relevant experience in public relations or communications. Candidates without relevant experience are welcome to apply and will be considered for an Executive appointment.
- Diploma holder with at least 8 years of relevant experience may apply.
- Good interpersonal skills and some administrative skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- High level of self-initiative.
- Good organisational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Keen interest and knowledge of the arts and education.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with use of the Mac platform, Adobe software for basic design and editing.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date: 31 August 2021 OR until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.