Reporting to the Vice-President (Strategic Developments), the Director will be responsible for the artistic vision, leadership and management of the Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore (ICAS), the curatorial division of LASALLE. The role’s main purpose is to develop and curate a dynamic mix of multidisciplinary exhibitions and public programmes, and manage the day-to-day operations of the galleries.
Key responsibilities include leading, supporting and curating creative works by established artists, LASALLE students and staff, as well as spearheading the development and promotion of contemporary arts in Asia. The Director is expected to raise the public profile of ICAS, working closely with academic colleagues and contributing to the education and research culture of the College through organising artists’ talks and symposia, publishing catalogues, research books and articles as well as working with external organisations and government agencies to leverage additional funding and support for new ICAS initiatives.
- PhD or master’s degree in contemporary art, art history, art theory, curatorial studies or other relevant fields.
- 15 years of experience in exhibition management including programming, curation, collection, acquisition, education, finance, administration, marketing and sponsorship.
- Strong empathy towards the Asian and global arts scene, arts education, research and writing in contemporary arts.
- Wide range of professional associations and networks locally and internationally.
- Experience in personnel and fiscal management in gallery and academic contexts preferred.
- Experience in managing contractual arrangements for projects and exhibitions is desirable.
- Experience in successfully applying for arts and/or commercial funding to support projects or exhibitions.
- Experience in coordinating and writing publications including catalogues and research articles and books.
- Experience in promoting exhibitions and events through effective marketing, press liaison and PR.
- Acknowledged expertise across a range of practices, disciplines and media in contemporary arts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic thinking, and effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Able to work across a range of arts and media forms, and with multidisciplinary artists.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary, by e-mail to: [email protected] or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 30 June 2022 or until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.