The Division of Student Administration is seeking a highly driven individual with a passion for the arts and arts education to join us as Assistant Manager to predominantly administer the scholarship and financial assistance schemes for students. This position reports to the Director, Division of Student Administration and Manager of Student Services, and your key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and administer scholarship and financial assistance schemes for new and current students including:
- Publicise information on scholarship and bursary schemes through various channels such as on the College internet and Learning Portal.
- Advise students on available scholarship and financial assistance schemes.
- Process applications for LASALLE-administered scholarships and financial assistance and perform preliminary evaluation based on eligibility criteria.
- Communicate outcomes of applications to students and to relevant departments in order to facilitate the disbursements of awards.
- Secretariat to the Scholarship and Financial Assistance Committee (convene at least twice a year).
- Process and administer applications for government-sponsored financial assistance schemes/bursaries e.g Higher Education Bursary, Higher Education Community Bursary.
- Facilitate the claims of financial aids from various organisations such as Mendaki TTFS.
- Ensure proper maintenance and filling of scholarship and financial assistance records.
- Monitor budget for LASALLE-administered scholarships and bursaries.
- Prepare and generate relevant statistics on scholarship and financial assistance schemes for external and internal reporting purposes.
- Assists with pastoral support of students such as:
- Facilitate the process to record/maintain Student Support Agreement for students with special education needs.
- Advise and assist students in booking counselling appointments and in making student medical and travel insurance claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an established university with at least 5 years of relevant experience within a tertiary education environment. Candidates without relevant experience but with a good knowledge or background in Maths or statistics may also apply and will be considered for the Senior Executive position.
- Good interpersonal, communication (written and spoken), organisational and analytical skills.
- Ability to show empathy, patience and care for others and is passionate about student welfare.
- Meticulous, proactive and excellent follow-through capability.
- Ability to work independently within tight deadlines and to produce output of high accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-cultural environment, both within the team and with the various faculties and divisions across the College.
- IT savvy and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to embrace a student-centric service culture.
Please submit your CV including current and expected salary plus a recent photo of yourself and send it via email to email@example.com or in writing (please state the position you are applying for on the envelope):
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date: 31 May 2020
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.