- AFHEA Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
- PhD (Music), University of Cambridge, UK
- MA Performance, The Irish World Academy, UK
- BSc Psychology, Open University
- BM Contemporary Writing & Production, Berklee College of Music, US
Encouraging creativity, diversity and collaboration, Patrick Olsen’s career has incorporated many music settings spanning jazz to traditional Irish folk music. Prior to joining LASALLE in 2020, he studied and worked professionally in the UK, Ireland and the US. Most recently he established Homerton Jazz, a modern performance-based music programme within the University of Cambridge that brought together student musicians with professionals. In Ireland, he toured Europe as a flute soloist with the Irish Chamber Orchestra and the Irish Harp Orchestra, as well as the baritone saxophonist for internationally touring jazz and rock bands.
As a composer/arranger, Patrick has regularly received commissions and artistic residencies in Ireland and the UK for his distinctive contemporary and popular music creations and for developing community music programmes.