- MA Textile Design Innovation, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- BA Fashion and Textile Design, Nottingham Trent University, UK
Martin is a UK trained textiles designer using both print and embroidery combing method of digital/hand with concept, for a harmony of sophisticated embellishments, tonal colours and tactile surfaces. Engineered textiles have been a focus within his past study as he explores traditional machinery and uses them with the latest advancements in digital and laser engraving; for a fashion forward companies and individuals.
Martin focuses on print/ embroidery process including CAD and CAM, design principles and presentation skills. He has a particular interest in mixed media textiles, cross/multi-disciplinary practice and enhancing student engagement through building Communities of Practice.
Currently exploring regional design within Singapore and ways to enhance the culture, Martin's professional practice has taken him across the world exploring new methods and textiles within fashion. He brings this mixed knowledge into to his own work selling sophisticated embellishments, tonal colours and tactile surfaces for trade shows and textile fairs.
His research is in exploring mixed media approach within the studio and explores how research is informed by textiles, new pedagogy methods and the impact on education. The relationship between traditional and contemporary practices with the use of engineered textiles and CAD, CAM.
- The relationship between traditional and contemporary practices with the use of mixed media textiles
- Research informed by textiles
- Interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary pedagogy methods aimed for new thinking with textiles
- Regional design research